The Project | Outcomes & Impact | Publicity Material | Useful Links
The Problem-Based Learning (PBL) in Virtual Interactive Education Worlds (PREVIEW) is a JISC funded project to deliver PBL for students via the virtual environment Second Life. Virtual World environments offer new possibilities of the ways in which PBL can be delivered. Practising skills within a virtual environment online offers advantages over learning through real-life practice,
- in particular the exposure to a wide range of scenarios
- at a time and pace convenient to the learner,
- together with consistent feedback.
This offers learners the chance to make mistakes without real-world repercussions.
Watch an introductory video.
- Develop, deliver and test PBL scenarios within Virtual Worlds for existing healthcare programmes.
- Ensure that the innovation and implementation is user guided at development, testing and evaluation stages.
- Provide materials that will enable others to build and develop further work.
PREVIEW was a project carried out in collaboration with Coventry University, Daden Limited, Kingston University and St George’s, University of London.