About the App | Download | Picture Gallery |FAQ’s
The i-Author app, is an interactive application based on a virtual patient concept. The app enables users to create their own cases offline and ‘on the go’ using their tablet instead of a desktop computer. As authors of cases, the users are able to create cases containing personalised text accompanied with media such as videos, audio and images and also adding questions and scoring within the cases. Authored cases can easily be published to peers to collaborate on authoring the cases or published to viewers such as students employees or the wider community.
Examples of the types of cases which can be developed using the app can be found on the MedEdCases and MedEdEthics Apps (these are medical and medical ethics scenarios).
The features within the i-Author app allow users to:
- Download existing cases
- Create and modify cases
- Add images and videos to cases
- Add a checkbox/ radio button function or question
- Publish cases to the wider community
- Publish cases to other authors to review
- Add review notes to published cases
- Password protect cases
- Play cases whilst authoring them
- Create branched cases
- Open to apply scores to pathway choices, check boxes and radio buttons
The app has been co-developed by the Intelligent Business Optimisation System Solutions (iBOS Solutions) and the e-learning Unit at St George’s, University of London (SGUL).