Workshops are either 1- or 2-day events.
They can be constructed in ‘mix-and-match’ patterns to fit the recipients’ needs. Typically these workshops concentrate on creating Virtual Patients for use in medicine and healthcare, though the processes described could be applied to any competency-based discipline.
Typically workshops cover some or all of the following areas:
- Descriptions of Virtual Patients and what they can offer teachers and students on medicine and healthcare courses
- Tuition in Virtual Patient authoring and hands-on creation of Virtual Patients
- Key messages and rules in the creation of viable options and consequences
- Different uses for Virtual Patients in learning and teaching
- Training the trainers: how to pass on these development skills to other academic staff
- Curriculum implementation options and adoption strategies
For more information contact us.
You can find an example of a programme here.